Thank you for expressing an interest in working at Seaton Post Office. So that we can assess your suitability for the job vacancy, please read the job specification and complete the form below. Once we have received and processed your completed form we will contact you to advise if you have been selected for an interview.
1. Entry requirements
There are no set entry requirements, but you’ll need excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
Previous experience in banks, offices or shops would be helpful.
2. Skills required
- excellent numeracy skills
- the ability to work quickly and accurately in a very busy environment
- a good memory for forms and services
- excellent communication skills and customer service
3. What you’ll do
You’ll be involved in selling and advising customers on a wide range of products.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- selling financial products and services
- selling stamps and dealing with letters and parcels
- paying out pensions and benefits
- accepting bill payments
- dealing with vehicle registrations and car tax
- checking passport and driving licence applications
- selling travel insurance and foreign currency
- making sure the books balance at the end of the day
Rate of pay depending on age & experience; commences at £8.72 per hour, may increase with experience and responsibility.